Tuesday, November 08, 2011

IHOP - All You Can Eat!

IHOP
3921 Calgary Trail

I signed up for the IHOP Pancake Revolution where upon joining, you get a free meal. You also get another free meal on you birthday, and another one on the one year anniversary of signing up! As a result of joining, I get some promotional e-mails from IHOP as well. For example, this month I got an e-mail informing me that it was "All-you-can-eat pancakes for the entire month of October!".

I went with one of my buffet-worshipping friends, Garson. The AYCE menu involved various combinations that consisted of either bacon, sausage, or ham with eggs and hashbrowns. I chose the Sausage & Eggs Combo for $11.99 and Garson had the Ultimate Bacon & Sausage Combo ($12.79).

Sausage & Eggs Combo (4 sausages, hashbrowns, and 2 eggs - mine were poached)



 
Bacon and Sausage Combo

With the AYCE deal, 2 buttermilk pancakes initially come with the meal. The refills come on a plate of 3 each until your face is stuffed. I loved my combo - the hashbrowns were made of shredded potatoes formed into a patty and fried until the outside is crispy. The sausages are also one of a kind, and I asked for my eggs poached as I rarely have poached eggs at home. You also get a choice of Tabasco sauce, ketchup and HP sauce as condiments for the meal, along with 4 types of syrups: old fashioned, butter pecan, strawberry, and blueberry. My go-to toppings for my hashbrowns are Tabasco and ketchup, with blueberry syrup on the pancakes.

Buttermilk pancakes doused with blueberry-flavored syrup

Garson also tried one of the IHOP splashers in splashberry. At the bottom of the glass was a layer of deep red strawberries topped with sprite and orange juice. It was fruity, yet refreshing, with a hint of carbonation.

Fruity Splashberry drink

My usual order at IHOP is one of the flavored pancake combos (the cinn-a-stack is amazing!), but I felt the need to try the AYCE. It was good, but nothing can beat the Pick-A-Pancake combo! By the way, I ate a measly 3 pancakes compared to Garson's 7.

I was very impressed by the service this evening, though I find that each time I go there, the servers have been top-notch. I always feel welcomed there and the waitstaff is always on their A-game. Way to go!

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment