Sunday, December 25, 2011

Eat! Eat!

Eat! Eat!
1325 9 Ave SE
Calgary, AB


Located in the trendy Inglewood neighbourhood in Calgary, Eat! Eat! is the perfect little place to go for breakfast and lunch. Our discovery of Eat! Eat! was serendipitous as our original plan was to meet our friends Tamir and Thomas a few doors down at another cafe, which ended up being closed that day.

Being a huge breakfast buff, I was pretty excited by their menu. However, after taking a look at both the breakfast and lunch sections, I had a hard time deciding on what to order. Tamir was in the same boat. We then amicably agreed to split a reuben and eggs benedict.

Reuben with chicken tortilla soup

The reuben ($12) was tasty, warm, and wonderful. It was served on buttery marble rye toast with the perfect portion of horseradish and sauerkraut. The corned beef was moist but a tad on the salty side, however. The choice of sides included yam chips, fries, house salad, or the soup of the day. I opted for soup, but I was presented with several choices which included Moroccan lentil, yam curry, chicken tortilla, and two others. I chose the chicken tortilla. Many of the tortilla soups I've had in the past were on the thick side, but this one was surprisingly different. It had a harmonious blend of veggies, chicken, and deep-fried strips of tortillas which added a nice crunch to the soup.

Tamir ordered one ham and one spinach and tomato benny ($13), so I was able to sample both. While the eggs were slightly overcooked, it didn't necessarily detract from the benny experience. I preferred the spinach and egg one over the ham one. The spinach used was fresh and wasn't overdone.

Andrew had a 3-egg omelette with bacon, sausage, red pepper and ham ($13). The hashbrowns on the side were homemade and well-seasoned.


Since I love breakfast foods, I give bonus points to any place that serves it into the afternoon. Eat! Eat! is open Tuesdays to Sundays from 7 AM - 3 PM on weekdays and 8 AM - 4 PM on weekends. Next time I'm in Calgary, I would definitely eat eat here again.

4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment